Cooking with Me - Linguine with Shrimp Scampi
This recipe was featured in the Martha Stewart Living magazine called "Entertaining is Fun" and it’s one I love.
- vegetable oil
- kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds linguine
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons good olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic (9 cloves)
- 2 pounds large shrimp (about 32 shrimp), peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 chopped fresh parsley
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (4 lemons)
- 1/2 lemon thinly sliced in half-rounds -optional
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes- optional
- Drizzle some oil in a large pot of boiling salted water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and the linguine, and cook for 7-10 min.
- Meanwhile, in another large (12-inch) heavy-bottomed pan, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic. Sauté for 1 minute. Be careful, the garlic burns easily.
- Add the shrimp, 1 tablespoon of salt, and the pepper and sauté until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from the heat, add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon slices, and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine.
- When the pasta is done, drain the linguine and then put it back in the pot. Immediately add the shrimp and sauce, toss well, and serve.